Tag Archives: neurological
Neurological Assessment Ability to Respond
- Is the client easy to arouse?
- Can the client tell you name, time and where they are?
- Does the client answer questions correctly?
- Does the client speak clearly?
- Does the client follow instructions correctly?
- Is the client calm, restless or excited?
- Is the client conversing, quiet or talking a lot?
- Can the client squeeze your fingers with either hand?
- Can the client walk?
- Can the client move their arms and legs?
- Are the clientâ€™s movements shaky or jerky?
- Does the client complain of stiff or painful joints?
- Where is the pain located?
- Does the pain go anywhere else?
- Where did the pain begin?
- What was the client doing when the pain began?
- How long does the pain last?
- How does the client describe the pain? Sharp, sever, knife-like, dull, burning, aching, comes and goes, depends on position?
- Has the client felt this pain before? If they have, what helped relieve the pain? Medication given? Did the medication help relieve the pain? Is the pain still present?
- Is the client able to sleep and rest?
- What is the position of comfort?